Friday, May 19, 2006

a tribute to a writer....

how often do you forget somethin’ even before you get to remember it... how often do you feel like givin’ somethin’ when you don’t feel like takin’ anythin’ at all.. how often do you feel you’ve lost someone even when they’ve not really lost you.... how often do you feel lightness to be a bigger burden than the heavy. how often do you have to see it all go away even when you get a chance to keep it..... how often do you pay more for freedom you’ve always longed for than the bondage you never liked. how often do you regret more for all the lies that you’ve not told than the the truths that you did. how often do you intend to live forever n’ end up dyin’ probably more than once.... how often people identify you as someone like john doe. how often do you love someone with the only hope of not bein’ loved back.

n’ how often do you find a writer who just can’t afford to show what’s bein’ written. down below are only two pieces out of probably many who won’t just never come out. this is only my way of sayin’ that i liked these writings just like i liked so many others written by you.

       
ALIVE

It was all so still
Even the air
Like a cemetery
It was all bare

I was all dead
Devoid of life
Cold, barren, empty
Without light

Then time stopped
To set me free
The day it rained
You came for me

Soaking my wounds
Until they bled
Breathing life
Among the dead

For the first time
I felt. I felt.
The ice around me
Had melt.

Breaking all barriers
I took the dive
And when you held my hand
I knew I was alive.
       


       
Killing me softly...

Mesmerized, by your presence
Alive, by your touch
Lost, in your words
And you aren't even there…

Hallucinations crowd my mind
Passion fills my soul
Insanity sways my thoughts
And you aren't even there…

Wiping at my heart's cobwebs
Lighting up my sinister life
Setting my soul on fire
And you aren't even there…

Killing me softly...
and you're not even there
       


[+/-] expand/collapse this post...

0 Comments: