Monday, November 28, 2005

these connections....


we used to use this word a lot...do you remember?...probably more when we drifted apart.....we used it when we were together....but only didn't pronounce it...n' then suddenly when those pronounciations came up....we lost directions!.... n' strange are these connections...i mean how do they actually connect?...i find no answer.

but still...they exist...probably even stronger...n' now when we talk....we somehow don't end up talkin about our lives...probably you meet 20 people a day...discussin 50 topics.......sharin a joke with 27 drifters!...i don't even know which side you take while you're walkin in those streets that we believed belonged to us.....i actually can't figure out how the light of that tube light would cast those newly formed shadows now...for there was no tube light then!

n' the same thing holds true for you to me as well!...alright...i don't end up meetin 20 people...i don't discuss 50 topics...sharin jokes...nah!...it's been a while i guess!....n' trust me....even i don't know which side i take while i walk...but i do!...just as i've a life...which is somehow unknown to you...but we still connect.......n' the strange part that really strikes me....we feel so much involved with each other's lives...that we don't quite feel as outsiders...but still...the definitions hold if you want it to read it out.....i don't feel for a single moment...that i don't know anythin about you...but the truth is....i virtually know nothin about you...you as in your life.....but i don't feel it...n' i guess you probably feel the same...don't you?

n' then there're few...i can't quite connect....even when i want...n' i don't even know why i want...when there's an effort bein laid down....to mention those 20...50..n' 27!!..but still..that doesn't really help...where it should have been...but the failed effort of the connection is probably not botherin me...huh-huh!!...somethin that's actually botherin me is...why am i feelin this strange kind of hollowness for this failure?....i've got no clue......for this is somethin true...for this failure is not somethin i want to keep aside....just like that.

The past is so familiar
But that's why you couldn't stay
Too many ghosts, too many haunted dreams
Beside you were built to find your own way...
But after all these years, I thought we'd still hold on
But when I reach for you and search your eyes
I see you've already gone...

That's OK
I'll be fine
I've got myself, I'll heal in time
But when you leave just remember what we had...

There's more to life than just you
I may cry but I'll make it through
And I know that the sun will shine again
Though I may think of you now and then...

Can't do a thing with ashes
But throw them to the wind...
Though this heart may be in pieces now
You know I'll build it up again and
I'll come back stronger than I ever did before
Just don't turn around when you walk out that door...

That's OK
I'll be fine
I've got myself, I'll heal in time...but when you leave just remember what we had...

There's more to life than just you
I may cry but I'll make it through
And I know that the sun will shine again
Though I may think of you now and then...


[+/-] expand/collapse this post...

2 Comments:

desperado said...

from being officially pissed off to these connections....

nice pic though which u have posted
feelin of not only connection but security n guidance.Every relation seeks tht i guess

D'yer Mak'er said...

@dhruv -->> ..

your words always make me feel the warmth!

Every relation seeks tht i guess
...maybe true...but i feel it's us..it's us who actually drive those relations...it's us who actually seek for everythin...even those connections!